MOTHERS 35 PLUS - forums for older mothers and would-be older mothers

Go Back   MOTHERS 35 PLUS - forums for older mothers and would-be older mothers > General Topics > 'Green' issues, recycling etc.

'Green' issues, recycling etc. Recycling etc., etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-02-2008, 02:33 PM
No longer a member

Sharon xx is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Sue...

...well you and nearly everybody else I think. It's not made plain enough - when they say 'cardboard' you think they mean everything. I used to put them out and cannot remember for the life of me how I found out that they weren't recycling them. I see my neighbours still putting them in the recycling each week so until the council start recycling them from kerbside they're going to continue to have problems unless they make it clearer.

My philosophy tends to be if in doubt put it in and then they'll recycle it if they can. I've always assumed that they have to check and remove erroneous stuff anyway during the process.

Tetra paks have obviously become an issue as more places have started to collect them for recycling. You're the next county to me so let's hope it's soon national.

Thanks for sharing xx

hugs

S xx

Just a word of warning when I went to ASDA with my tetra's the bins were already full of cartons that hadn't been squashed, washed or pouring tops removed which meant it was a struggle to get anymore in. You can fit 5 times as many in if you squash and wash them first and cut the tops off with scissors - if mine had still be inflated I'd have had to bring some home again so forwarned is forarmed. xx