MOTHERS 35 PLUS - forums for older mothers and would-be older mothers

Go Back   MOTHERS 35 PLUS - forums for older mothers and would-be older mothers > Virtual Book Group > Join our reading group

Join our reading group Members of Mothers 35 Plus discuss what they are reading...

Old 29-11-2008, 05:25 PM
No longer a member

wendym is on a distinguished road

You're welcome Alexandra, I really enjoyed the book, true story too.

I've just finished a Cecilia Ahern "Thanks for the memories", not bad, will now start "Change of Heart" by Jodi Picoult, sent to me by the lovely Leanne.

What's your favourite read of this year then wormers?

I really enjoyed "The Book Thief" and "Salvation Creek" which I've just sent to Alexandra.

Love WW xxx
Old 30-11-2008, 04:32 PM

alexandra_c is on a distinguished road

Wendy, I am half way through Salvation Creek due to about of imsomnia last night Its a really really good read, makes me want to go and live on an island. I didnt realsie its a true story.

Before I started that one I read The Impressionist by Hari Junzru: tells the story of an anglo-indian boy as he journeys from India, to England and onto Africa. A recommended read thought the ending is a little strange.

Favourite book ? Hmmm difficult one that. I enjoyed 'The Alphabet Sisters,' 'A short History of Tractors in Ukranian' and 'Over You'. Difficult to place a favourite.

Didnt like one book whose title escapes me at present (middle aged forgetfulness) : Its about a teacher who has an affair with a pupil, and its narrated by an older spinster teacher.

Alexandra x
Old 30-11-2008, 06:42 PM

Mama Mia is on a distinguished road

Hi Fellow Wormers,

I've finished 'The House At Riverton' which I really enjoyed. Nothing much seemed to happen for ages, (Was beginning to think it never would) ...but then it all came together. Well written.
Looking forward to starting the next Kate Morton.

So I have 'The House At Riverton' up for grabs. Also 'Missing' by Susan Lewis That's if any of us are actually short of reads after Santa WW's recent packages

Just started ' My 1st Divorce' all the way from Lovely Leanne.

Almost time for December reads curled up by the fire with a hot toddy. It's bloomin' freezing here!

Love Wormer Mx