MOTHERS 35 PLUS - forums for older mothers and would-be older mothers

Go Back   MOTHERS 35 PLUS - forums for older mothers and would-be older mothers > General Topics > 'Green' issues, recycling etc.

'Green' issues, recycling etc. Recycling etc., etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2008, 01:18 PM

Maggie is on a distinguished road
Default Horsey help

Well I supppose re-homing animals is a form of recycling! I found this on the web. It's a farm in France where horses, ponies and donkeys are sent for 'fattening' before making journeys onto Italy, the people who run this charity put pictures iof them onto the website together with a description and a price in euros (so the meat men don't lose out ). Some of these are quality bred youngsters - it's a disgrace.
"These Equines are currently on fattening farms in France, their fate will subject them to a 3 day journey from France to Italy with no food water on a crushed lorry containing many foals, pregnant mares often with foals at foot who are within 2 weeks of their gestation period. Most perish before arriving at their destination (the Italian slaughter house!!!!) some may call these the lucky ones. Many of these equines are failed racers, bred for meat or elderly and outlived their use as a broad mare"
If you are not able to buy a horse (), you can sign the petition to help stop the live export. There is a photo gallery of those about to be taken to Italy - next collection is Sunday, http://www.freewebs.com/equineurgency/index.htm and a nice section of those they managed to rescue.
I have sent this to a few of you on Facebook who I know are horse lovers.
Maggie