MOTHERS 35 PLUS - forums for older mothers and would-be older mothers

Go Back   MOTHERS 35 PLUS - forums for older mothers and would-be older mothers > Losing a baby ... > Miscarriage

Miscarriage Miscarriage forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2010, 11:27 AM

Caro43 is on a distinguished road
Question Hi I'm new and looking for advice

Hi. I'm hoping someone can advise me. Im 43 and my DH is 42. We have one DS who will be 3 in August. I had a mc in March 09 at 14 weeks. We had found out through CVS at 12 weeks that our baby had edwards syndrome. We decided to try again but in Dec 09 a scan at 9 weeks showed that our baby had just died. We decided then and there that we would be grateful for our beautiful little boy and would not try again. However, I have just missed a period and a test today shows I am pregnant. I don't know what to think or how to feel. I would love to have another baby but just can't seem to feel positive about being pregnant. Everything I read seems to say I have little chance of a successful outcome to this pregnancy and I don't know how to get through the next few weeks of waiting and wondering. It would be great to hear from anyone who has been through anything similar or anyone who has any suggestions to keep me sane!!
Thanks
Caroline.