MOTHERS 35 PLUS - forums for older mothers and would-be older mothers

Go Back   MOTHERS 35 PLUS - forums for older mothers and would-be older mothers > Pregnancy / Testing in Pregnancy > Tests in pregnancy

Tests in pregnancy The various tests in pregnancy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-11-2010, 01:44 PM

Helen is on a distinguished road
Default Quick hello and 20 week scan news

Hello all,

Firstly apologies for being so silent. Life has been very busy with house hunting, working, family issues() etc. The tiredness and sickness has hung on .... although (she says tentatively) I am feeling much better the last couple of days. Have just started on the spartone iron drink and I'm wondering if this has been a miraculous discovery!

Anyway, I'll stop waffling and get to the point. Had my 20 week scan a couple of weeks ago (am now nearly 24 weeks!) and it was just lovely. We decided against the triple test as we were told that there wasn't much point at my age if we weren't prepared to have the amnio as my reults would prob automatically come back as quite high risk and be scarey. Soo, I had genned myself up thoroughly on 'soft markers' for chromosomal issues. All looked fine though (I realise it's not fullproof but still very reassuring that nothing was spotted.) I couldn't believe the detail they looked in and, best of all, was amazed to see my baby leaping around, sucking his/her thumb and grabbing his/her feet. Truly incredible. He/she wriggled around and gave the woman the run around, much to our amusement (but less so to hers!) Made me love the little bean all the more.

I've posted a couple of pics. I'm sure you're all expert at making out what's what. Can't believe I'm so incredibly lucky and continue to cross fingers and thank my lucky stars everyday. It's not an ideal family world we're bringing the little one into and I am concerned about lack of support in a new area. BUT if all goes well and the baby's ok I'll feel we can tackle what life has in store. Thanks for being here and I hope to be a bit more present over the coming weeks.

Love Helen xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Twenty Week Scan 1.jpg (92.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Twenty Week Scan 2.jpg (90.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Twenty Week Scan 3.jpg (83.3 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by Helen; 25-11-2010 at 02:01 PM.