MOTHERS 35 PLUS - forums for older mothers and would-be older mothers

Go Back   MOTHERS 35 PLUS - forums for older mothers and would-be older mothers > Pregnancy / Testing in Pregnancy > Congratulations!

Congratulations! This board is for those who are now pregnant, or have had their baby.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-02-2012, 07:39 PM

Saharabreeze is on a distinguished road
Default Nia has finally arrived

Hi everyone

Sorry it has taken me sometime to post, Nia was born on 10.02.12 7lb 4oz by emergency csection, the upshot was that I had a really long natural labour - 37 hours in total which I coped with well on gas and air with the loving support of my dh and doula, I did have to have an induction in the end, finally with an epidural on the Friday morning as I was so tired, Nia also changed position for some reason and was spine to spine in my pelvis, after hours of pushing I realised she wasn't coming out.

It was a hard labour and I feel like I have done two, but Nia is safely here and we feel so blessed, she did have to go into neonatal care when first born because her oxygen levels dropped, but she is thriving now. I didn't find my labour traumatic, all my choices were supported by the hospital staff and I always felt in control, I knew by the end that mentally I was exhausted. My dh probably foundthe whole event much more traumatic.We were only discharged from hospital on the sunday evening.

It is absolutely amazing having her, and I still can't believe she is here. Thank you all for being so supportive over the months and months telling me not to give up. My dh is besotted with her and I love how we debate who gets to hold her.

I will start posting more again when things settle down.

Love to you all

Sb xxxxxxx